- Adept at bridging the gap between R and D. Established a system that scaled up R&D feasibility products into pilot lots of test strips leading to a 50% reduction in time and labor costs. Instrumental in implementing an analytical capability to evaluate 1000s of disposable test strips per week, which increased analytical throughput by 85%.
- Made individual contributions to R&D feasibility, development, and life cycle management projects in an ISO and FDA regulated environment.
- Broad and deep background in chemistry and life sciences resulting in 22 scientific publications.
Laboratory: Synthetic Chemistry | Analytical Chemistry | Assay development | IP Analysis | Systems Engineering | Chromatography | NMR | HR-LC-MS | IR | Mass Spec | GC-MS| HPLC |UHPLC | UV-Vis | ELISA | Electrochemistry |Formulation | Design of Experiments | Quality by Design (QbD) | Validations| Qualifications (IQ/OQ/PQ)
People management: Assembled tactical teams of stakeholders to drive requirements gathering, risk analysis (dFMEAs), and V&V planning efforts. Directly managed one intern and two graduate students.
Vendor management: Worked with three external manufacturing organizations to transfer R&D work to manufacturing, manufacture accessories, and provide R&D materials.
Written communication and public speaking: Authored technical reports and presentations for executives, peers, and customers. Also presented academic work at 5 domestic and 3 international research conferences.
Computer Programs: JMP | Chemdraw | Scifinder | Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Viso, Project, Teams, and Sharepoint
Senior Scientist, PTS Diagnostics (October 2018- present)
• Established a rapid test strip prototyping process that reduced R&D time and labor costs by 50%; delivered on time and under budget (2020).
• Increased R&D group’s data generation throughput 87% by helping to design a new analytical instrument; delivered on time (2020).
• Contributed to an assay feasibility project that resulted in the product being approved for development; delivered on time (2021).
• Promoted to the core team of a new product development program to oversee V&V planning, manage contract manufacturing partners, and assemble teams to generate design control documentation, such as requirements, specifications, and dFMEAs(2019).
Postdoctoral Research Fellow, Institute for Basic Science, Republic of Korea (Feb 2016- May 2018)
• Excellent scientific productivity and written commmuncation skills resulting in 19 scientific publications, 1 patent application, promotion to CSC Fellow.
• Co-authored the first textbook on ‘cucurbiturils’, which summarized 30 years of research.
• Independently established a project on the use of novel materials for the purification of high-value biotherapeutics.
Research Associate, Newcastle University, UK (Jan 2015 – Dec 2015)
•Developed LC-MS, HPLC, UHPLC methods for mass spec analysis of protein and peptide complexes resulting in a patentability search and a short international conference talk
PhD Researcher, University of Leeds, UK (Oct 2010- Oct 2014)
• Synthesized and characterized molecules that could be used in in vitro diagnostic medical devices; work supported a $135k grant featured successfully in 3 technical publications
• As the first graduate student of my Advisor, I coordinated lab processes, developed SOPs, and trained 11 Master’s-level students in the proper safety and technical best practices
PhD: Chemistry, University of Leeds (Oct.2010 – Oct.2014)
Degree: Medicinal Chemistry, University of Leeds, MChem (Oct.2006 – Jul.2010)
JMP Statistical Thinking for Industrial Problem Solving, SAS, 2020
Writing in the Sciences, Stanford Online, 2017
Effective Communication, Writing, Design, and Presentation, Coursera, 2017
Introduction to Intellectual Property Law, Coursera, 2016