- I have been a research scientist for 7 years working in the following areas: Organic Chemistry, Medical Devices, Protein Chemistry, Chemical Biology, and Supramolecular Chemistry.
- I am a co-author of 14 scientific publications (4 as co-first author) and 1 book
- Effective communicator who has presented work at 3 International and 5 domestic conferences.
Postdoctoral Research Fellow, Institute for Basic Science, Republic of Korea (Feb 2016-)
- Project 1: Enrichment of proteins using artificial binding pairs, published in Angewandte Chemie
- Project 2: Established a project to develop a large-scale purification method for biologics.
- Other contributions resulted in 10 publications, including a book.
Research Associate, Newcastle University, UK (Jan 2015 – Dec 2015)
- Performed research work that was presented at an international conference (oral and poster).
- Synthesised molecules and applied to proteomic workflow.
- Worked extensively with LC-MS and associated software.
PhD Researcher, University of Leeds, UK (Oct 2010- Oct 2014)
- Performed research work at the interface between surface chemistry and in vitro diagnostic medical devices that resulted in 3 publications.
- Co-supervised 11 masters students over a 4-year period.
- Effectively collaborated with a group at another university to produce and publish results.
PhD: Chemistry, University of Leeds (Oct.2010 – Oct.2014)
Degree: Medicinal Chemistry, University of Leeds, MChem (Oct.2006 – Jul.2010)
Hobbies and Affiliations
- Member of Toastmaster International public speaking club
- Powerlifter and long distance runner